The Lord did not people the earth with a vibrant orchestra of personalities only to value the piccolos of the world. Every instrument is precious and adds to the complex beauty of the symphony. All of Heavenly Father’s children are different in some degree, yet each has his own beautiful sound that adds depth and richness to the whole. Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin

Sunday, June 14, 2015

http://ldslights.org/jumping-to-conclusions-about-mr-ms-jenner/

Please take a moment to read this article.  It was written by a friend of mine.  I share it, because I am a part of this story.  As part of Blaines article, he talks about an experience he had to sit in on a panel discussion of Transgender People share their experiences and how they navigate Gender Dysphoria and stay in the Gospel.  I was on one of those panels.  I'm not trying to toot my own horn, however I will be tooting my wife's horn in a second.

The second panel he discusses was with family members of those that are transgender.  Tina sat on that panel and I was responsible for introducing the moderator.  After introducing our moderator for the panel, I looked at all the beautiful people who were up there supporting their family members and I was overcome by the spirit in a a way I have never been touched.  For the first time ever, I felt what it was like to be loved.  Don't get me wrong, I had known I was loved, I knew my wife loved me, I knew my Heavenly Father loved me, but I had never FELT that love until that moment.  I cried throughout the session.  My wife asked me after what was wrong and I told her that I had never felt Love like that before.  She looked at me with her beautiful blue eyes, welling up with tears and said "You have ALWAYS been loved".  I looked back at her and said, "I know, but now I FEEL it."

No comments:

Post a Comment